5/23/12

Dreams





Dreams. One big vague topic that i'm not really sure what it's all about.
Never really had aspirations. 
Ever wanted to be a teacher just cox marking homework seemed fun.
Ever wanted to be a scientist because Mrs Joyce Tan made science so interesting. Loved the microscope when i was a primary four kid.
Wanted to become a Paramedic or some career related to Medical field because of SJ. Also cox of code blue, but SJ more luh.
Wanted to work as some admin staff or some random office worker because it seems fixed timing and pays well.

Now that i'm sorted out my thoughts, i want to be a teacher, because of the environment that teachers work in, and the people teachers work for; students.
sadly, it seems, becoming a teacher isn't as easy as i hoped it will be.
feeling that the future is kinda bleak right now, because of the rejection letter from NTU.
Then again, things happening to people around me is confusing me, with people in the same situation as me but receiving emails from NIE.
I think i'm not gonna wait alr. i'm gonna get help from Cheryl this week and send in my appeal for NIE.
Now is when i really realised that i want this badly, so badly.

Why i dream to be a teacher? beats me. but i suppose working with younger ones is something that really inspires me.
I've always believed that working with younger ones makes you learn something new everytime.
And i've always wanted to become a teacher who doesn't confine my students to the usual norm.
It is not my aim to mold them into whatever bullshit that society perceives as normal or the perfect/good.
I want to become a teacher whom my students can trust, and one who'll give them the space and freedom, as much as possible, to grow into huge strong trees.
I always thought that it is really important to let them grow.
A teacher's job is to prune and lead the seedlings back to the path they want to walk.
Not force them to walk down the path that has been decided for them.
We're not communists, we're not robots. We dun need mass-manufactured kids.

I just really hope all these turns out well, be it via a longer route or directly.
I am willing to fight for it. I am willing to work hard to get there, to the journey's beginning.
To start off on a path i know i am sure i want to take.
I just really hope that the path wouldn't lead to a dead end.

As much as i want to emo at my rejection from NTU, i will now stand up and fight for something i want.
Like what i keep telling the kids, it's a matter of how badly you want it. When it want it really badly, no matter what, you will give your all, work your hardest and fight for it.
It's time i do what i preach, and give my all.
Let's go PTX! (:


No comments: